Thursday, May 21, 2009

So, yesterday, David and I got to see the same house that we're going to be buying soon! We got to Allegany at 10 am and didn't get home until 4:30...long day! Anyway, we headed to Jamestown with the sales guy Sean around 11. He started using his printed mapquest directions and we kinda couldn't find our way to the house, so, David got the GPS going and we found it! I think Sean was sold on it, he kept saying "Oh, man, I gotta get one of those." So we got to the house and it had a garage so the house actually looked smaller than what we're expecting. The foyer was perfect, so perfect, not too big and not uber small either. I think we're getting a glass window in the door, pretty! The nitch wasn't what I expected, it was kinda cool, we're going to put a globe clock there, or some sort of standing clock. The living room is massive, well, not as big as my parents' but it's bigger than the one we have now! The living room and dining room will have nice large windows, which I love! There was a open arch space in the wall between the living and dining room but we don't like that so we're just going to have it solid because we want a hutch to go in the dining room. The kitchen is so nice! I'm psyched about having a new fridge, stove, microwave.....and....wait for it....a dishwasher! There's not too much cupboard space, which is nice because then I can really find out what I need and don't need. I will have a cabinet thing downstairs for appliances that I don't use every day....crock-pots, hand mixer, food processor, popcorn popper, etc. I will actually have space for spices and utensils...like actual drawers. The spices are in a drawer now but the utensils are actually stored in vases on my counter, which is pretty but I like to have uncluttered counter spaces.....well, unless I'm living here. There is a office/desk/computer area kind of in the kitchen but off from it and we're opting out of that and since the water heater is not going to be there and will be downstairs, we can make that area a little breakfast nook. Oh my land, I can't wait to get our house.....sooo excited! I took Deb for a walk on our land and showed her where the house is going to be...she really liked it. It's so peaceful up there, such a blessing! I wish I could load pictures but I don't know if they'll do the house justice at all! 




1 comment:

NiNa said...

It sounds so fun! We think on the same lines as wanted to have a big and clear kitchen counter space. I love my kitchen counter space! :)