Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Blog update from my email: 
So, what has been up with me? Well, a lot I guess. Doing business stuff along with trying to keep the place in order and trying to get pregnant! AHH! 
First of all, business is kind of slow but it's going to pick up here soon. Not necessarily with my stuff but, with David's. We are a part of Allegany Artisans, which has a studio tour on October 18th and 19th from 10 am to 5 pm on both days. We will be with quilt maker Sue Johnson on Proctor Rd in Wellsville. 

I've been trying to keep the place clean but it has been hard as of late because I've been working with my Dad to save up some money to buy an embroidery machine for my dolls. I have a schedule but I don't always stick to it. It's hard because we have all of our stuff crammed into a tiny little space, especially in the living room! 

So, this will be most detailed part of my blog. We're trying to have a baby and it's become quite difficult. How can such thing be so difficult? I have no idea! It drives me nuts! It all leads me to believe how much God REALLY is in control of things. Why do I say that? Because, how is it that a teenager, who isn't married, can have sex once, just ONCE, and get pregnant like that? And they say there's only like a 36 hour time period in one month when it's just the right time to try for a baby!   My MIL said that she knew exactly when she was fertile because she had a pain in her side, so that gave her the sign that it was the day to try. How come I can't have that same thing? I'm not sure but, I think because God is in control. I don't know when I ovulate and I'm so irregular it's not even funny. Is it God confusing me so that I don't know when my most fertile day is? I think so! What is it that I can do on my part? I don't want to take complete control of this because I know when I do, it won't happen but, I do want to take my part seriously. I think my part of this would be to take care of my body as much as I can. A few months ago I thought "I wonder if the food I eat has anything to do with my reproductive system and then I was at a friends house and she had a book called "The Fertility Diet." I wrote down the authors and found a copy online, when I got it I started reading....and couldn't stop! It is so intriguing! 

There's basically like 8 things that could improve fertility or help decrease ovulatory infertility. These things include: 
Eating slow carbs (nothing refined), balancing fats, omitting trans fats and cutting back on sat fats,  consuming more plant proteins than animal protein, choosing whole-fat milk and ice cream, taking a multi-vitamin with lots of folic acid, drinking lots of water, losing weight (if needed), and exercising. 
The book says you can get pregnant by just doing one of these (and it's not guaranteed that you will if you follow these rules) but the more rules you follow, the more likely that you will become pregnant. I'm already almost done with the book but I still have a few chapters to go. What I decided about this was that I want my body, which is His, to be perfect in God's eyes because if he wants to use my body for one of his children, then it needs to be in tip top shape. 

I just thought of something. Is this a giant standing in the way or just not God's will? I have thought for a while that it was just God blocking us from having children because I'm so irregular but, now I'm not so sure. I really need to talk to someone about this! 

Reply if you find this interesting! 


No comments: